Because of limitation and concerns related to large public gatherings due to COVID-19, boundary open houses will be held in a virtual format. All meetings will be held using the Zoom video conference platform. One virtual open house will be held for each boundary change proposal. An additional virtual open house will be held for those who were not able to attend one of the previous meetings.
The information that will be presented at the virtual open houses is identical to the information available on this website. Patrons will also have the opportunity to present questions to District staff.
The topics, dates, and times of the virtual open houses will be as follows:
- South Jordan and Jordan Ridge: Wednesday, October 28, from 6:00-7:15 PM
- Daybreak Village 8: Wednesday, October 28, from 7:30-8:45 PM
- West Herriman: Thursday, October 29, from 6:00-7:15 PM
- Overflow: Thursday, October 29, from 7:30-8:45 PM
In order to allow as many patrons to participate as possible, the virtual open houses will use the following guidelines:
- Each patron will be asked to pre-register for a single meeting. The pre-registration link can be found below.
- Zoom limits meeting participation to 100 individuals. This total includes both patron and District staff participants. When a particular session hits 100 participants, pre-registrations for that session will close. Individuals with questions may then register for the "Overflow" session.
- Each meeting will begin with a brief review of the boundary change proposal.
- After the review of the boundary, approximately 30 minutes will be spent answering submitted questions. Patrons may then use the chat feature of the meeting to submit questions. District staff will respond to questions in the order received, but may group similar questions together.
- Patrons may also use the chat feature at any point in the meeting to indicate that they would like to ask a question verbally. The last 30 minutes of the meeting will include time for verbal questions. Each individual will be given up to two minutes to ask their question. Verbal question opportunities will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis; due to time restraints and scheduling of other virtual open houses, not all who request a verbal question may have the opportunity to present.
Pre-registrations for the virtual open houses can be done at the link below. An email address is required to pre-register. After submitting your pre-registration, you will receive an email with a link and password to the Zoom meeting. Because this email is an automated message sent from Qualtrics (the survey host), patrons may need to check their spam or junk folder for the message.